This scholarship directory contains more than 100 college scholarships, most of which are specifically geared to students from the Greater Hartford region.
1. Hartford Foundation College Scholarship Portals
There are two scholarship portals available on our website, one for the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving College Scholarship Program, and another for Individual Scholarship Funds at the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving.
Hartford Foundation for Public Giving College Scholarship program
This portal is operated by Scholarship America and awards 50-60 scholarships each year, from a pool of 70+ scholarship funds. These scholarships are available to students attending 4-year colleges only.
- Graduating high school senior who lives in or attends school in the 29-town Greater Hartford region
- Entering a four-year college or university (full-time enrollment)
- Financial need
- Class rank - top third with a good academic record
- Active volunteer in school, community, or other extracurricular activities
Students can apply through the Scholarship America website by clicking this link.
Deadline: January 15, 2021
Individual Scholarship Funds at the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
The Hartford Foundation for Public Giving has our own scholarship portal featuring 60+ scholarships available to students planning to attend 2-year, 4-year and graduate schools.
Each scholarship in this portal has its own unique criteria. Interested students can create an account, complete an eligibility quiz and are matched with scholarships that meet their criteria.
Click here to visit the portal.
Deadline: February 1, 2021