The Hartford Foundation has its own scholarship portal featuring 70+ unique scholarship funds with awards for 4-year college/university, community college, vocational/technical school and graduate school. Applicants are adult learners, high school seniors, current college students and graduate students. Our portal has its own application process. Visit the Hartford Foundation portal by clicking the link below.
DEADLINE: February 1, 2024
Community Scholarships are listed and maintained by nonprofit organizations across the Greater Hartford region. Each scholarship has its own unique criteria and application process. Use the search functions below to narrow your results.
Sorry, but no scholarships were found. Please try fewer categories or reset your search.
Mary C. Rawlins Scholarship$500-$1,000 Apply By Mar 31, 2024Selection Criteria:
- Graduating high school senior
- State of Connecticut resident
- GPA of 2.5 or higher at end of Fall semester 2023
- College/University Acceptance Letter from school you plan to attend
- Submit copy of Fall 2023 High School Grades Report
- Essay 1: Respond in 100-200 words: Please explain a challenge you have faced in your life, what you have learned from it, and how you have overcome it or been changed by it.
- Essay 2: 250-500 words: Affirmative Action has been around for a long time. Please explain your understanding of the purpose of affirmative action and whether or not you feel it has impacted society. Be sure to provide evidence to support your answer. You may use the following website for more information: https://aaaed.org/aaaed/History_of_Affirmative_Action.asp
- One (1) reference letter from school counselor, teacher or coach